|South Station Expansion Open Houses |
is leading an effort to improve and expand Boston South Station, and we
want to invite your participation and hear your ideas. We are planning
opportunities for you to meet us and provide input, beginning with two
project open houses to be held just a short walk from South Station.
The information to be provided by MassDOT at the two open houses will
be the same.
The open houses will be held:
- Monday, November 19, from 5:30pm to 7:30pm, Atlantic Wharf, 290 Congress Street- Fort Point Room 2nd Floor
- Tuesday, November 20, from 8:00am to 9:15am, Atlantic Wharf, 290 Congress Street- Fort Point Room, 2nd Floor
You are welcome to stop by at any time during either or both of the open houses. No RSVP is necessary.
- see an overview presentation about the project,
- view maps of the area,
- meet our team of engineers and planners, and
- share any ideas you have about this important project.
How Can I Get Involved?
If you are unable to attend the open houses, but want to learn more
about the project, receive project updates and hear about other
opportunities to participate, please sign up for the mailing list using
the notification form on the South Station Expansion Project Website.
South Station Expansion project website
South Station is one of Boston's most significant architectural
structures. It is also a vibrant transportation facility that provides
rail, bus, and subway service to tens of thousands of people.
Over the next three years, MassDOT will develop the plan and
preliminary designs needed to expand and enhance the station. This
process will include
The potential for future economic development at and around South
Station may also be analyzed. Urban design and streetscape improvements
will be included in the project.
- an analysis of traffic, track, signal, and rail operations,
- environmental review, planning, and design
- There is no construction work included in this phase of the project.
|Posted: November 15, 2012
Nancy J Conrad