|The 9th Dorchester
Arts Collaborative Open Studios
place October 22-23, 2010 with all events spanning from October 17
through October 26.
- Friday night - event reception
- Saturday morning - DotBike tour of Dorchester
- Saturday and Sunday
afternoons - Open Studios
Friday night Hancock 309 Gallery and Consignment provided the perfect
space for the DAC reception, a gala event with
attendees dressed as brightly as the art surrounding them.
of food for snacking and music accompanied the noisy
View photos of the reception.
Saturday morning starting at 11 am,
Bikers started their ride in Codman Square.
Fully one-third of
the public art sites (6 out of 19) were located in Upham's
View photos of bikers at the Clapp Pear and
the newest bronze art dedicated 10/16/10.
- Flag mural
- Negro Leagues Baseball mural, late 1990's,
- A Dragon for Dorchester (Fuku Riu), bronze
2003, by Nancy Shon
- Clapp Pear, bronze sculpture 2007, Laura
- Copenhagen Fountain, 1915, Albert Henry Atkins
- Edward Everett, bronze statue, 1866, William
|Two of the group sites are located in
Corner or very close by - Humphreys Studios and Pearl Street
Studios. Two artists opened their home studios, one of which is
in Upham's Corner - Robin Chandler.
To learn more about these artists and studio settings, we encourage you
to browse their websites.